Thursday 19 January 2017

THE BATHROOM IS FINALLY FINISHED!!!!

After the best part of 18 months the bathroom is finally bloody finished!

If you read the last post, you will know life hasn't been so easy for the last part of 2016. I lost one of my best friends. I work in a hospice and my friends last days were there, making the work/home life balance impossible. Subsequently my wonderful doctor signed me off for a month, to help me get my equilibrium back on track. He was very understanding as his wife used to work in palliative care. I've spent the last month, doing some soul searching, getting to grips with some nasty grief, nurturing good memories and good friendships.... annnndddd the inevitable DIY. Which, it transpires, is perfect for mindless grief distraction, I highly recommend it!

I've learnt a lot along the way too, my tiling is much better, my plastering has improved, my painting is more accurate, and Ive learnt a few more carpentry skills. I'm also queen of the decorators caulk (like a good pair of spanx, it hides a multitude of sins), AND I got to play with some great power tools! Dave did too, and only got the planer caught up in a towel once (resulting in a ripped new towel & taken apart planer, I'm sure he hates my very ungoth white towels...hahaha). All in all I estimate it cost just over £1500. I'm a frugal shopper and got given quite a bit of the actual bathroom fixtures & fittings, which when you consider, this was two hideous rooms, that we gutted, refloored and joined together really isn't too bad at all. It's been a mammoth task when I think back!

So Ive taken some 360 degree shots for you to have a look at. I LOVE the bathroom, I've changed some of the design as we went on, and it's not always been cut and dried. Clive had to completely redo the soil pipe as there wasn't enough drop (eww), and we uncovered some glorious botched repairs, but it's done, completed, finito, concluded, finalised, however you want to say it, its tarted up in all it's tranquil, white gloriousness. We can finally be clean without feeling sawdusty, plasterdusty, or paint flecked. My cares have been washed away...finally and some of my hoarded objets d'art have a home.

......Now it's on to the kitchen!!! AAAAARGHHHH

Sink and loo before

Bath before - look at those tiles!!

Shower and loo now - moved into the area where the old sink and bath were

New bath on new floorboards

lovely wide window space and my boxing in of pipes!

Safe and legal posh bathroom light - cut glass from Scandinavia

New radiator 

DIY cupboards, loads of storage and hiding all the lotions and potions
Door painted and old pub window put in. This was smashed glass before. we've also added a cut glass doorknob

My remedies and cures sign outside the door. Love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment